Judiciary Electronic Filing System (JEFIS)
Notice To ALL Attorneys: Please be advised that effective 6:00 a.m. Wednesday, February 26, 2014 the SCCOeCourts.Mailbox@judiciary.state.nj.us will be changed to PublicAccess.Mailbox@judiciary.state.nj.us. Please direct all email correspondence to the new mailbox after the effective time/date. The eCourts mailbox will no longer be active after 5:00 p.m. Tuesday, February 25, 2014.
JEFIS is the Judiciary’s electronic filing and imaging system. It allows participating attorneys to file documents with the New Jersey courts electronically through the Internet. Implementation of electronic filing with the courts is being developed one docket type at at time. As electronic filing becomes available for different docket types, they will be added to the list below. Currently, JEFIS can only be used to file documents pertaining to the following case types:
- Special Civil Part cases with DC docket numbers*
- Foreclosure Actions
*Please note that electronic filing for DC JEFIS is mandatory for certain attorneys/law firms. Please click on JEFIS Information for Special Civil Part Case Filings below to review the Supreme Court Order.
JEFIS is designed to streamline court processes and further the creation of a paperless court in the State of New Jersey. Attorneys who participate in the JEFIS program gain additional benefits:
- Reduced postal fees and paper expenditures related to filing court documents
- Faster response time in processing documents by court staff
- Free access to the Automated Case Management System—Public Access (ACMS-PA) application
- Access to JEFIS electronic case jackets
- Electronic access to collateral accounts
The Superior Court Clerk’s Office serves as the administrator of the JEFIS registration process.
Information relating to the JEFIS program for both Special Civil Part case filings and Foreclosure case filings is available for viewing and downloading from this website. For instructions and materials on registering for the JEFIS program, click on the Registration link below. Informational materials necessary for using and implementing the JEFIS system for each docket type, including user manuals, technical specifications, and court rules/orders related to JEFIS implementation can be found by clicking on the link pertaining to each docket type below.
- JEFIS Registration
- JEFIS Information for Special Civil Part DC
- JEFIS Information for Foreclosure Actions
- JEFIS UPDATES — please review this site periodically for the latest updates on JEFIS specifications and announcements related to JEFIS usage.
- Latest Update: Effective 11/25/2013 Revisions to Appendix XI-H (Execution Against Goods and Chattels), and Appendix XI-J (Wage Execution) of the Rules of Court will be implemented. Click here for more information.
- Monthly Training: If you are interested in attending our monthly JEFIS e-filing training classes, which are held on the second Wednesday of every month, please contact the Judiciary Problem Reporting Desk at (609) 633-2275 or (800) 343-7002.
- Training Videos
Foreclosure Complaint: Version 1 - To File Residential Foreclosures
For questions concerning the registration process or information contained in the Attorney Manual, please contact (609) 421-6100. For technical problems, contact the New Jersey Judiciary Problem Reporting Desk at (609) 633-2275 or (800) 343-7002 .