Judiciary Electronic Filing System (JEFIS): GENERAL EQUITY - FORECLOSURE ACTIONS
FILING FORECLOSURE ACTIONS USING JEFIS
Starting July 1, 2010, JEFIS can be used to file General Equity Foreclosure actions. To view pertinent rule changes relative to the electronic filing of Foreclosure actions, click on the link below.
MATERIALS FOR FORECLOSURE JEFIS FILERS
The links below provide important information for implementing and using JEFIS. Please note: Some of these materials are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. PDF documents preserve the look and feel of the original print documents. However, in order to view PDF documents, you must install the Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available free of charge from the Adobe web site. The web site also provides a set of free tools that allow visually disabled users to read documents in Adobe PDF format.
- Attorney Manual — this manual is a comprehensive reference guide for participating attorneys.
- Getting Started with JEFIS XML- provides detail to assist in creating and filing XML documents.
- Specifications for Electronic Filings — specifications for the XML data files that must accompany filed documents as well as other technical specifications.
- Services Application — this manual provides information on how to access electronic case jackets on JEFIS, attorney collateral accounts, and court announcements related to the JEFIS application.
- Video: Version 1 - To File Residential Foreclosures
JEFIS Efiling Manager Class
This class focuses on guiding JEFIS Foreclosure attorney firms in utilizing the Attorney Filing Manager application. The classes are free of charge and are completed in approximately 3 hours. The classes are held the second Wednesday of each month in 2012 at the Judiciary Training room located at the Mountain View Office Park, Bear Tavern Road, Ewing, NJ 08618. For further information or to register, please contact the New Jersey Judiciary Problem Reporting Desk at (609) 633-2275 or (800) 343-7002.
If you have any questions after reviewing the JEFIS materials, please contact the Superior Court Clerk’s Office at (609) 421-6100. For technical problems, contact the New Jersey Judiciary Problem Reporting Desk at (609) 633-2275 or (800) 343-7002 .