New Jersey Supreme Court Video Archive
You will need Windows Media Player in order to view the arguments online. Click here to find out where to download Windows Media Player free of charge, and whether your PC system meets the minimum requirements for accessing the Webcasts. Quality of the broadcast is determined by Internet congestion and your connection speed. If you are connecting using a 28.8k modem your video will be choppy and poor, 56K modem will be fair to good and cable modem and up (100K +) will have a smooth video broadcast.
Webcast videos are also available, uncaptioned, in MP4 format for the convenience of users who do not have Windows Media Player on their laptop, smartphone or other mobile device. Click here to access the "Webcast on the Go" MP4 files.
We welcome your questions or feedback about the Supreme Court Webcasts.
For technical information relating to how the Webcasts are produced, click here
Webcasts over 30 days old are usually available for on demand viewing at the Rutgers Newark Law School website.
- A-2-13 Deborah F. Townsend v. Noah Pierre (072357)
- A-41-13 State v. Julie Kuropchak (072718)
- A-47/48-13 State v. State v. James Grate; State v. Fuquan Cromwell (072750)
- D-157-13 In the matter of Neil L. Gross (072470)
- D-151-13 In the matter of Frank J. Cozzarelli (074742)
- Hearing on the Proposed State Court Fee Increases
- A-32/33-13 State v. David Pomianek, Jr. (072293)
- A-42-13 Jarrell v. Kaul, M.D. (072363)
- A-43/44-13 IMO Borough of Keyport v. Local 68 (072361)
- D-119-13 In the matter of Andrew J. Brekus (074383) -- no video available
- D-122-13 In the matter of David Gray Christoffersen (074437) -- no video available
- A-16/17-13 United Parcel Service Gen. Servs. Co. v. Director, Div. of Taxation (072421)
- A-35-13 Aguas v. State of New Jersey (072467)
- A-121/122/123/135-11 State v. Perini Corp. (070558)
- D-123-13 In the matter of Raymond A. Reddin, Judge of the Superior Court (074439)
- D-124-13 In the matter of Gerald Keegan, Judge of the Municipal Court (074440)
- A-48-12 Augustine W. Badiali v. New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Group (071931)
- A-54-12 Kwabena Wadeer v. New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Co. (072010)
- A-24-13 N.J. Div. of Youth & Family Servs. v. Y.N. (072804)
- D-120-13 In the matter of Bennett E. Langman (074389)
- D-126-13 In the matter of Scott P. Sigman (074489)
Having problems viewing the archived arguments and/or captions?
All alternative browser methods require some form of Windows Media Player. Windows machines have them installed by default, Mac users can get Windows Media player for Mac at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/mac/mp9/default.aspx
On all platforms, the captions function must be enabled to view caption data. To enable captions, look under the "Play" menu on Windows and the "View" menu on Mac.
Firefox users on Windows can use a plugin that supports .asx files such as MediaPlayerConnectivity http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/play-windows-media-files-in-firefox or use the download method below.
The Download Method
Firefox users on Mac must ensure they have Windows Media Player for Mac installed on their Mac (see above). Then, right click (or control+click on Mac) on the desired case, choose "Save link as," and save the .asx file to the hard drive. Double click the .asx file to play.
Google Chrome users must right click (control+click on Mac) on the desired case, choose "Save link as," save the file to the hard drive as a .asx file. Double click the .asx file on the hard drive to play.
Opera users must right click (control+click on Mac) on the desired case, choose "Save target as," save the .asx file to the hard drive. Double click the .asx file to play.
Safari users must ensure they have Windows Media Player for Mac installed on their Mac (see above). Then, right click (or control+click) on the case desired and choose "Save Linked File to the Desktop." Rename the file to remove the .txt extension by selecting the newly saved file on the desktop, and pressing the "Return" key, the renamed file should have the case number along with an .asx extension (ex. A_31_07.asx). Right click (or control+click) on the file, and choose "Open with" then choose "Windows Media Player."