Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Other Topics
Q: Where do I obtain a copy of birth, marriage, death, domestic partnership, civil union and adoption records?
A: The State Bureau of Vital Statistics and Registration, Department of Health and Senior Services maintains the following vital records:
- Copies of Birth, marriage and death records back to 1901
- Domestic partnership records back to 2004
- Civil union records back to 2007
- Adoptions – foreign and domestic
- Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth data back to 1969
Please note, New Jersey law protects and restricts the release of vital records; as such, vital records are not public records and cannot be searched online.