RULE 5:6A. Child Support Guidelines
The guidelines set forth in Appendix IX of these Rules shall be applied when an application to establish or modify child support is considered by the court. The guidelines may be modified or disregarded by the court only where good cause is shown. Good cause shall consist of a) the considerations set forth in Appendix IX-A, or the presence of other relevant factors which may make the guidelines inapplicable or subject to modification, and b) the fact that an injustice would result from the application of the guidelines. In all cases, the determination of good cause shall be within the sound discretion of the court.
A completed child support guidelines worksheet in the form prescribed in Appendix IX of these Rules shall be filed with any order or judgment that includes child support that is submitted for the approval of the court. If a proposed child support award differs from the award calculated under the child support guidelines, the worksheet shall state the reason for the deviation and the amount of the award calculated under the child support guidelines.
Note: Adopted May 9,1986 to be effective immediately; amended November 7, 1988 to be effective January 2, 1989; amended May 13, 1997, to be effective December 1, 1997.
- Considerations in the Use of Child Support Guideline (Court Rules Appendix IX-A)
- Use of the Child Support Guidelines (Court Rules Appendix IX-B)
- Child Support Guidelines Sole Parenting Worksheet (Court Rules Appendix IX-C)
- Child Support Guidelines Shared Parenting Worksheet (Court Rules Appendix IX-D)
- Child Support Guidelines Net Childcare Cost Worksheet (Court Rules Appendix IX-E)
- Basic Child Support Award Schedule (Court Rules Appendix IX-F)
- Combined Tax Withholding Tables for Use With the Child Support Guidelines (Court Rules Appendix IX-H)