Child Support Enforcement

Important Notice to Child Support Customers
NJKiDS has been fully implemented as the new statewide child support computer system. Please visit the New Jersey Child Support website at to view important information and updates.

Child Support Hotline

Our toll free Hotline number is 1-877-NJKiDS-1 (1-877-655-4371). If calling from out of state, dial 1-877-655-4371. This number is available 24 hours a day and has information concerning payments, services available, tax offset, visitation, emancipation, custody, credit bureau reporting, and how to apply for child support.

New Jersey Child Support Customer Service

The Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) has established a Customer Service Bureau to ensure that Child Support customers receive timely responses to questions and complaints. The first step for you to get help is to call the toll free "Hotline" number.

If you need information beyond that provided by the Hotline, you should contact your probation worker. If more help is needed, you should call the Customer Service Bureau representative in the Probation Division handling your case. Probation Child Support staff will assist you with your requests.

All complaints or inquiries must be submitted in writing to your local probation Customer Service Bureau. Your letter will help explain your problem, give you, the customer, a written record, and make it easier for the staff to follow developments on your case.

The following information should be included in your letter:

  • Name, address and daytime phone number
  • Case number
  • A description of the nature of the complaint, issue or question to be answered
  • The name or names of the individuals who are the subject of the complaint (if applicable)
  • Any other information such as dates of prior communication or documentation that may assist probation staff

The State's Customer Service Bureau in Trenton may be contacted for additional help or to receive answers to other concerns about the quality of service you have received. For cases in which both parents reside in New Jersey, you should call 1-877-655-4371 or write to the AOC, Child Support Enforcement, PO Box 987, Trenton, NJ 08625.

For cases involving other states, the number to call is 1-877-655-4371 and the address is the same as above, however, the PO Box number is 960.

When you write to the Customer Service Bureau, please send copies, not originals, because the materials will not be returned. Items may be sent by fax at (609) 984-3630.

You will be notified when your letter is received. If necessary, AOC staff will forward all documentation received to the appropriate office(s). Because each child support issue is different, the response times will vary from case to case. The goal, however, is to resolve all matters as quickly and efficiently as possible.

In some instances, you may need to be directed to an agency other than the AOC for a resolution. The Customer Service Bureau will then let you know what the right office or location is.

Specific information such as Social Security numbers cannot be released due to State and Federal regulations on confidentiality. Materials that are public record or general information, such as the services Probation offers or how to solve a problem, can be provided by the Customer Service Bureau representative.

Because certain information is confidential, child support staff are prevented from giving specific information to non-involved third parties such as a current spouse, family member or friend. Referrals received from your attorney or an elected official are processed the same as those we receive directly from you. While child support workers may provide case information to an attorney, they are prevented from giving case details to an elected representative. Therefore, a response will be sent to you with an acknowledgment letter to the officeholder that the matter is settled.

| Top of page |

Child Support Customer Service Offices

County Address Phone FAX Hours
Atlantic 1333 Atlantic Ave
2nd Floor
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
877-655-4371 609-343-2230 Mon-Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

39 Hudson Street
Hackensack, N.J. 07601
(Mailing Address: 10 Main Street, Bldg.39, Hackensack, N.J. 07601)

877-655-4371 201-527-1222 Mon-Tues: 8:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
Wed-Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Burlington 50 Rancocas Rd.
2nd floor
Mt Holly, NJ 08060
877-655-4371 609-518-2792 Mon-Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Camden Executive Campus Building
Suite 200,  Route 70
Cherry Hill, NJ  08002
877-655-4371 856-379-2135 Mon-Fri: 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Cape May 9 N. Main St.
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
877-655-4371 609-463-6470 Mon-Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Cumberland 60 W. Broad St.
Bridgeton, NJ 08302
877-655-4371 856-453-1824 Mon, Wed-Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Tues 8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Essex 212 Washington St.
11th floor Newark, NJ 07102
877-655-4371 973-693-6406 Mon-Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Gloucester 1893 Hurffville Road,
Sewell, NJ 08080
877-655-4371 384-4458/4459

Mon, Wed-Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Tues 8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Hudson 595 Newark Ave
Room 301
Jersey City, NJ 07306
877-655-4371 201-795-2626 Mon, Wed-Fri:8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Tues: 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
Sat: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Hunterdon 65 Park Ave.
Flemington, NJ 08822
877-655-4371 908-237-5897 Mon-Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Mercer 175 S. Broad Street
Trenton, NJ 08650-0068
877-655-4371 609-571-4306 Mon-Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Middlesex 189 New St.
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
877-655-4371 732-488-7996 Mon-Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Monmouth 30 Mechanic St.
Freehold, NJ 07728
877-655-4371 732-677-4818 Mon-Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Morris Court & Washington Sts.
4th floor
Morristown, NJ 07960
877-655-4371 973-656-3532 Mon-Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Thu: 4:30 p.m.-7 p.m.
Ocean 15 Hooper Avenue
Toms River, NJ 08753
877-655-4371 732-929-2070 Mon-Thu: 8:30 a.m.- 11 a.m.
Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Thu: 4:30 p.m.-7 p.m.
Passaic 100 Hamilton Plaza
Paterson, NJ 07505
877-655-4371 973-247-8821 Mon-Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salem 85 Market St.
Salem, NJ 08079
877-655-4371 856-878-5047 Mon, Wed-Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Tues 8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Somerset 20 North Bridge St
Somerville, NJ 08865
877-655-4371 908-575-9498 Mon-Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Sussex 43-47  High St.
Lower Level
Newton, NJ 07860
877-655-4371 973-579-0624 Mon-Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Union 1143-1145 East Jersey St.
Elizabeth, NJ 07201
877-655-4371 908-659-3902 Mon-Tue: 8:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
Wed-Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Warren 413 Second St.
Belvidere, NJ 07823
877-655-4371 908-475-6933 Mon-Fri: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.


| Top of page |

Military Service Activation

If you need information regarding a child support obligation in the event of military activation, you may contact the Probation Division Child Support Customer Service Office handling your child support case, the Administrative Office of the Courts, Probation Child Support Customer Service Bureau in Trenton at 1-877-655-4371, or the Administrative Office of the Courts, Family Division at 1-877-655-4371. In some instances, your change in circumstances may make you eligible for a change in your child support order during your time of service. If you feel that you qualify, you may ask the court to modify your order by filing a motion to modify. You have the option to do this by yourself (pro se), through an attorney, or possibly through military legal assistance. If your child support order includes health care coverage for your child, you may also be eligible to obtain coverage through the military health benefits plan (TRICARE or DEERS). You may wish to discuss this with your commanding officer.

By contacting the Probation Division Child Support Customer Service Office handling your child support case, the Administrative Office of the Courts, Probation Child Support Customer Service Bureau in Trenton, or the Administrative Office of the Courts, Family Division, you may be able to avoid the risk of having your wage withholding payments stopped or recorded as delinquent. The agencies listed above can give you directions on how to proceed to notify the Court of your military status, and thus avoid the consequences associated with missed child support payments. It is also important to note, however, that if you owe $5,000 or more in past-due child support, your passport may be denied until you make arrangements for paying off the obligation.

If you need additional information regarding the effect of your military status upon your child support obligation, please contact one of the agencies listed above for assistance.

Information can also be obtained from:

Other State Child Support Enforcement Agencies at

Department of Defense (DOD) at under "Family Law Matters."

Military insurance information can be found at

Privacy Policy | Contact Us | © New Jersey Judiciary