Ocean Vicinage EEO/AA ProgramEEO/AA Officer
Ocean County Superior Court
120 Hooper Avenue, Justice Complex, Room 240
Toms River, NJ 08754
Consistent with the core values of Independence, Integrity, Fairness and Quality Service; the New Jersey Judiciary introduced its Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan in May 2000. The Administrative Office of the Courts expressed the following:
The New Jersey Judiciary is dedicated to the principles and goals of fairness, equality, courtesy, and respect for all individuals. These are the cornerstones of activities and operations in the court system and embody the Judiciary's commitment to equality under the law and fairness in the administration of justice.
The EEO/AA Master Plan applies to all individuals who come in contact with the court system including applicants for employment, employees, volunteers and members of the public. Each vicinage is required to develop and maintain a Vicinage EEO/AA Implementation Plan. Hard copies of the plan are available at each Division and can be obtained from the Ocean Vicinage EEO/AA Officer.
The successful implementation of our EEO/AA Program and the achievement of a nondiscriminatory environment requires more than a written policy. It requires active support and ongoing effort by all judges, managers and employees to ensure its full implementation.
The Ocean Vicinage EEO/AA Program has various components in accordance with the New Jersey Judiciary EEO/AA Master Plan:
- A strong policy against discrimination;
- Dissemination of the EEO/AA Program through orientations, training and publications;
- An internal complaint process in accordance to the Judiciary Master Plan;
- The designation of an EEO/AA officer reporting directly to the assignment judge and trial court administrator;
- Appointments of an Advisory Committee on Minority Concerns and a Vicinage EEO/AA Advisory Committee.
If feel you feel you have been discriminated against while visiting the courthouse, please complete a complaint form and mail to the the Ocean Vicinage EEO/AA Officer. All complaints are handled confidentially to the extent possible.
EEO/AA Program Training
The EEO/AA Officer provides orientations about the program and its components to all staff as part of an EEO/AA Orientation Program with assistance of the EEO/AA Advisory Committee. EEO/AA subject-matter training is offered in the vicinage. Information about EEO/AA subject-matter training can be obtained by reviewing the Ocean Vicinage training schedule or contacting the Vicinage training coordinator's office.
The following courses are mandatory for all Judiciary employees:
- Valuing Diversity
- Sexual Harassment Workplace Prevention Training
- HIV/AIDS Workplace Training
The following course is mandatory for all supervisors:
- Maintaining a Sexual Harassment Free Work Environment: Our Managerial and Supervisory Responsibilities and Liabilities
EEO/AA Advisory Committee
Members of the EEO/AA Advisory Committee (listed below) may be reached by contacting the Trial Court Administrator's office 732-929-2042 or by e-mailing - vicinage EEO/AA officer.
- Vincent J. Grasso, Assignment Judge
- Ken Kerwin, Trial Court Administrator
- Steve Molyneux, General Operations Manager
- Lilia L. Lopez, Municipal Division Manager
- Michelle Tierney, Family Division, Assistant Division Manager
- Jill Vito, Civil Division, Assistant Division Manager
- Sonal Pushko, Family Division, Assistant Division Manager
- Patrick Conley, Civil Division, Assistant Division Manager
- Karen Dunbar, Probation Division, Adult Supervision, Team Leader
- Irene D'Emilio, General Operations, Coordinator of Interpreting Services
- Brian Giustozzi, Family Division, Senior Probation Officer
- Stephanie Hudson, Probation Division, Adult Supervision, Team Leader
- Kimberly Knapp, Civil Division, Team Leader
- Delores Fray, Criminal Division, Team Leader
- Nicole DeSalvo, Civil Division, Judiciary Clerk 2