SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY
IN RE: PROPULSID : SUPERIOR COURT OF NEW JERSEY
LITIGATION : LAW DIVISION: MIDDLESEX COUNTY
: CIVIL ACTION
: CASE CODE: 247
THIS MATTER having been opened on the court’s own motion in furtherance
of the Order of September 11 , 2000 signed by Chief Justice Deborah Poritz for the Supreme Court of the State of New Jersey designating this court to centralize and to manage all pending
and future cases alleging injuries from the ingestion of propulsid; and
WHEREAS these cases involve several thousand litigants and complex legal and
factual issues and may pose an unnecessary burden on litigants and on judicial resources unless
managed equitably, efficiently and economically;
IT IS ON THIS _14th_ DAY OF SEPTEMBER, 2000 ORDERED:
1. No complaint filed after the date of this Order shall contain more than one
plaintiff or household of related plaintiffs.
2. All such complaints shall contain in the Case Information Statement (ACIS@
Form and displayed in the caption the Case Code # 247 and under Civil Action, the
designation Propulsid Litigation, set forth in bold lettering.
3. All new complaints shall be filed and venued in Middlesex County and
directed to the Mass Tort Division, Middlesex County Courthouse, P.O. Box 2690, One JFK Square, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903-2690.
4. All complaints to be transferred from the original county of venue shall be
packaged and clearly marked Transmitted FileBPropulsid LitigationBJudge Corodemus and forwarded to the Clerk for Mass Tort, Middlesex County at the above address.
5. Further, every pleading or motion paper must include a docket number with
the notation AMT@after the number for all propulsid litigation.
6. All defense attorneys in receipt of process or retained by any defendant shall forthwith notify Special Master Joyce Usiskin and plaintiffs’ counsel by letter as to the party represented and the name(s) of the case(s) involved in that representation. Such correspondence shall be sent to:
Joyce Usiskin, Esq.
Special Master, Propulsid Litigation
P.O. Box 964
Middlesex County Courthouse
New Brunswick, NJ 08903-0964
7. The First Case Management Conference will be held on October 4, 2000 @ 10:00 a.m. in the Office of the Standing Master, Old Administration Building, 3rd Floor, New Brunswick, New Jersey.
Hon. Marina Corodemus, J.S.C.