Directions to the Morris and Sussex Courthouses
Morris County Courthouse
Directions: from Garden State Parkway Northbound
- Take Exit 145 to I-280 West.
- Take I-280 to the end, where it merges into I-80 West.
- From I-80 West , follow signs for I-287 South. Proceed as from I-287.
Take Exit 161 to I-80 West. Take I-80 West approximately 20 miles to I-287 South. Proceed as from I-287.
From Essex Passaic and Bergen counties take I-80 West. from western Morris, Sussex and Warren counties take I-80 East. follow signs for I-287 South. proceed as from I-287.
- Take Exit 35, which is Route 124 (old 24 west) into Morristown.
- Follow signs for Madison West: this becomes South St. in downtown Morristown.
- South St. ends at The Green, a small park at which all traffic must turn right onto S. Park PL.
- From S. Park Pl., go ¾ of the way around The Green by Turning Left onto E. Park Pl.
- From N. Park Pl., turn right onto Washington St. Courthouse is on the left, at the corner of Washington and Court Sts. (2 blocks from The Green)
From Essex and Union Counties:
Take Route 24 West towards Morristown. Where the expressway ends take I-287 South. Then proceed as from I-287.
Sussex County Judicial Center
43-47 High St. Newton, N.J. 07860
From Northern N.J.
- From I-80, take Exit 25 to route 206 North; From I-287, use Exit 22B to Route 206.
- Follow road signs for Route 206, which turns onto Main Street approaching downtown Newton.
- Take Main Street to the end. Turn left onto Spring Street (there is a small park on the left.)
- From Spring Street, turn left onto High Street. Judicial Center is at 43-47 High Street, on the right.
From the Shore Area:
- Take Garden State Pkwy. To Exit 127 to I-287 North.
- From I-287, take Exit 22B to Route 206 North. Proceed as Step from Northern N.J.
From Southwest N.J.:
- Take the N.J. Turnpike North to Exit 10 to I-287 North.
- From I-287 North, take Exit 22B to Route 206 North. Proceed as in Step 2 from Northern N.J.