Monmouth Probation Division Child Support Enforcement Unit Information Page
The purpose of this web page is to provide general information regarding child support enforcement. Please review this information since it may answer some of your questions. Moreover, remain mindful that our enforcement actions and determinations will vary from case to case.
It is the role of the Child Support Enforcement unit to enforce orders of support entered by the court and to disburse all monies collected in a timely and accurate fashion. All cases are supervised by child support professionals who implement various enforcement techniques as mandated by Federal Regulation and State Statute.
Child Support Professionals use many tools to ensure that collection of past due support payments are made and health insurance is provided including:
- Preparing cases for enforcement of litigants rights to bring obligors before the court
- Bench warrants
- Credit Bureau Notification
- Immediate income withholding
- Federal and State Income Tax Refund Offset
- Homestead Rebate Offset
- Lottery Offset
- Judgment Liens
- Unemployment benefits intercept
- License Suspension
- Financial Institution Data Match (FIDM);
- National Medical Support Notice (NMSN)
- Qualified Domestic Relations Order(QDRO)
- Project Save Our Children (PSOC)
- Passport denial
- Writ of Execution
Clients and the general public can obtain automated payment information, listen to recorded information about enforcement and modification of support orders as well as general information about the child support system by calling 877-NJKIDS1, 877-655-4371. This information is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Child Support Program also has a web chat service available to customers. The service is available between the hours of 9:00am to 4:30pm EST, Monday through Friday.
The New Jersey Office of Child Support has an interactive website that enables the public to get information about individual child support cases online. By going to www.njchildsupport.org you can find information about the case status, recent payments and get access to the web chat. When prompted, enter the case number (CS number) and enter the last four digits of the party’s social security number.
If after reading the information on this page you have any additional questions, we welcome you to contact us:
- by phone at 1-877-655-4371
- by fax at 732-677-4818
- by mail at Monmouth Probation Division, Child Support Enforcement Unit, P.O. Box 1259, 30 Mechanic St., Freehold, New Jersey, 07728.
- by appointment at 30 Mechanic St., Freehold, New Jersey, 07728 Monday – Friday between 8:30 and 4:00.
Payments may be made in person at the Finance Window at the Monmouth County Probation office located at 30 Mechanic St., Freehold, New Jersey, 07728 (Cash Only).
Address for mailed payments:
NJ Family Support Payment Center
PO Box 4880
Trenton, NJ 08650-4880
* * Please remember to always provide your case number * *