Judiciary Electronic Filing System (JEFIS): JEFIS SPECIAL CIVIL PART- DC DOCKET
ANNOUNCEMENT: The Supreme Court of New Jersey has approved Phase Two of Mandatory JEFIS. View more detail.
JEFIS can be used to file Special Civil Part cases with DC docket types only. At this time Landlord-Tenant and Small Claims actions cannot be filed using JEFIS. Filing DC docket type cases through JEFIS is now mandatory for all law firms who file over 400 DC Complaints in the Special Civil Part per year. To view pertinent rule changes and Supreme Court orders relative to the mandatory electronic filing requirement, click on the links below.
- Notice to the Bar/Supreme Court Order (Phase II)
- Members of the N.J. Bar Who Filed 400 or More Special Civil Part Complaints in 2009 (Phase II)
- Notice to the Bar/Supreme Court Order (Phase I)
- Letter from Hon. Glenn A. Grant, J.A.D. to Attorney/Firms filing over 1,000 DC Complaints in the Special Civil Part (Phase I)
MATERIALS FOR JEFIS SPECIAL CIVIL PART FILERS
The links below provide important information for implementing and using JEFIS. Please note: Some of these materials are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. PDF documents preserve the look and feel of the original print documents. However, in order to view PDF documents, you must install the Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available free of charge from the Adobe web site. The web site also provides a set of free tools that allow visually disabled users to read documents in Adobe PDF format.
- Getting Started with JEFIS XML - provides detail to assist in creating and filing XML documents.
- Attorney Manual —this manual is a comprehensive reference guide for participating attorneys.
- Specifications for Electronic Filings —this document provides specifications for the XML data files that must accompany filed documents as well as other technical specifications.
- Public Access to ACMS Manual —this manual provides instructions on how to use the ACMS Public Access application to access docket information for DC docket case types.
- Services Application — this manual provides information on how to access electronic case jackets on JEFIS, attorney collateral accounts, and court announcements related to the JEFIS application.
If you have any questions after reviewing the JEFIS materials, please contact the Superior Court Clerk’s Office at (609) 421-6100. For technical problems, contact the New Jersey Judiciary Problem Reporting Desk at (609) 633-2275 or (800) 343-7002.