Judiciary Electronic Filing System (JEFIS)Click Here to Log Into JEFIS Via Single Sign On
Notice to Current JEFIS Foreclosure Electronic Filers
In an effort to minimize the data required for the submission of foreclosure judgment packages to the Superior Court Clerk’s Office, we have modified the text/xml files eliminating the need for certain metadata.
We have placed the updated specifications on the JEFIS Services web page. To access the text/xml files, click on the following link that will take you to the zip file labeled “Specifications for Electronic Filings;” open the file, click on Document Type Rules/Foreclosure Judgments/. (see http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/jefis/ge_foreclosure.html.)
These changes will be effective in the JEFIS Attorney filer on February 17, 2015.
For any questions or concerns, please contact (609) 984-4200
JEFIS is the Judiciary’s electronic filing and imaging system. It allows participating attorneys to file documents with the New Jersey courts electronically through the Internet. Implementation of electronic filing with the courts is being developed one docket type at at time. As electronic filing becomes available for different docket types, they will be added to the list below. Currently, JEFIS can only be used to file documents pertaining to the following case types:
- Special Civil Part cases with DC docket numbers*
- Foreclosure Actions
*Please note that electronic filing for DC JEFIS is mandatory for certain attorneys/law firms. Please click on JEFIS Information for Special Civil Part Case Filings below to review the Supreme Court Order.
JEFIS is designed to streamline court processes and further the creation of a paperless court in the State of New Jersey. Attorneys who participate in the JEFIS program gain additional benefits:
- Reduced postal fees and paper expenditures related to filing court documents
- Faster response time in processing documents by court staff
- Free access to the Automated Case Management System—Public Access (ACMS-PA) application
- Access to JEFIS electronic case jackets
- Electronic access to collateral accounts
The Superior Court Clerk’s Office serves as the administrator of the JEFIS registration process.
Information relating to the JEFIS program for both Special Civil Part case filings and Foreclosure case filings is available for viewing and downloading from this website. For instructions and materials on registering for the JEFIS program, click on the Registration link below. Informational materials necessary for using and implementing the JEFIS system for each docket type, including user manuals, technical specifications, and court rules/orders related to JEFIS implementation can be found by clicking on the link pertaining to each docket type below.
- JEFIS Registration
- JEFIS Information for Special Civil Part DC
- JEFIS Information for Foreclosure Actions
- JEFIS UPDATES —Effective October 5, 2015 - Updated JEFIS system requirements.
Jefis System Requirements
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 or higher
- MS-Windows operating system Vista or higher (preferably Windows 7)
- Minimum screen resolution of 1024 by 768 pixels.
- Iinternet access using Internet Explorer version 9.0 or higher
- A scanner capable of 300 dots per inch (dpi) with a document feeder, to create Tagged Image Format (TIF) files for exhibits. The TIF file must be TIF group 4 [2d-fax]
- Total filing cannot exceed 18.5MB
- Monthly Training: If you are interested in attending our monthly JEFIS e-filing training classes, which are held on the second Wednesday of every month, please contact the Judiciary Problem Reporting Desk at (609) 633-2275 or (800) 343-7002.
- JEFIS Foreclosure Help Center
For questions concerning the registration process or information contained in the Attorney Manual, please contact (609) 421-6100. For technical problems, contact the New Jersey Judiciary Problem Reporting Desk at (609) 633-2275 or (800) 343-7002 .