Language Services Home |
Requesting a waiver for the Orientation Seminar
- Send a request to the Language Services Section, including proofs of having
completed whatever training you believe may be equivalent to the seminar.
- Review by the Language Services Section (LSS). The LSS will carefully review the request and notify the
interpreter of its conclusions. If the request is denied, the interpreter will have to complete the Orientation
Seminar in New Jersey.
- Completing waiver requirements. The LSS will notify the interpreter that the request for a waiver has been
approved and send the interpreter the following documents:
Once the interpreter has thoroughly read the pertinent documents, the affidavit must be signed, dated, and
mailed to the LSS.
- New Jersey's Code of Professional Conduct for Interpreters, Transliterators, and Translators;
- Selected materials distributed at the seminar; and
- A blank affidavit.