Hudson - Vicinage 6
595 Newark Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07306
From the Newark area:
The Pulaski Skyway will be closed to inbound traffic effective Saturday, April 12, 2014. Motorists will be unable to travel in the northbound direction, from Newark to Jersey City, for the duration of the construction period. Construction is anticipated to last for two years.
The impact of this closure will result in unprecedented traffic delays for those commuting to Jersey City.
The attached link will provide some information on the project and alternate routes you may want to use.
- Take Routes 1 & 9 North (Pulaski Skyway; do not use Routes 1 & 9 for trucks) into Jersey City.
- Take the exit for the George Washington Bridge and Lincoln Tunnel. At the traffic light at the end of the ramp turn right onto Tonnele Ave.
- From Tonnele Ave., turn left onto Newark Ave. (4 blocks down).
- Follow Newark Ave. to a 3-way intersection with Summit and Hoboken Aves. Bear slightly to the right to stay on Newark Ave. (do not turn to the extreme right, which would be onto Summit Ave.).
- Admin Bldg. and Brennan Courthouse are on the right, approximately one block past the 3-way intersection. Admin. Bldg. Annex is on Pavonia Ave., one block west of the Admin Bldg.
From Routes 1 & 9 Southbound:
- Take Routes 1 & 9 South to the Tonnele Traffic Circle.
- At the circle, follow the sign that reads "Park/Ride - Journal Sq." this exit is for Tonnele Ave. Then proceed as in Step 3 above.
From the N.J. Turnpike:
- Take Exit 14C and use the Grand St. turnoff.
- Coming off the ramp, follow the sign for Montgomery St. Turn left onto Montgomery St. (approximately 2 blocks down).
- From Montgomery St., turn right onto Baldwin Ave. (approximately 6 blocks down).
- From Baldwin Ave., turn left onto Newark Ave. (approximately 10 blocks down). Brennan Courthouse and Admin Bldg. are on the left.
From PATH Station (walking):
- PATH Station is between Kennedy Blvd. and Summit Ave. Take Summit Ave. (rear of station) and proceed to the north.
- From Summit Ave., turn right at Pavonia Ave. (1 block from station).
- From Central Ave. turn right onto Newark Ave. Admin Bldg. is at this corner; Brennan Courthouse is just beyond Admin Bldg. on Newark Ave.