HUMAN RESOURCE DIVISION
Location: 7 th Floor, Room 704, Courts Facility
Division Manager: Robin Smith
The mission of the Human Resources Division is to attract, develop and retain a high quality, diverse workforce. Human Resources is a strategic partner with management in leading and developing a workforce that exemplifies quality service and continuous improvement, respect for the dignity of each individual, teamwork, creativity and innovation, accountability and integrity and fairness in the workplace.
The Burlington Vicinage offers diverse employment opportunities for approximately 340 employees with career opportunities in support, para-professional, professional, supervisory and management positions. Internal applicants may obtain notices of vacancy by visiting the Human Resources Office or by accessing the Judiciary website at www.njcourtsonline.com. Some Judiciary positions, such as judiciary clerk, investigator and probation officer, require Department of Personnel testing. More information about Department of Personnel examinations for these titles can be obtained by calling 609-292-4144 or by accessing the Department of Personnel website at www.state.nj.us/personnel.
The Human Resource Division is responsible for:
- Attracting the best candidates from all possible sources for every job. This includes the recruitment and selection process for new hires and opportunities for existing employees whenever advancements, promotions and reassignments within the Burlington Vicinage, as well as transfer opportunities within the statewide Judiciary, become available.
- Developing and supporting training and education initiatives that enhance organizational performance.
- Building partnerships with employees’ labor representatives so that effective communication, innovation, efficiency and productivity are encouraged and recognized.
- Resolving grievances and referring staff to the local labor/management committee addressing health and safety/education and training issues.
- Assisting supervisors and managers in the use of the performance advisory review system to maximize employee performance and development.
- Advising supervisors and managers of employee issues such as behavior and performance while
- Processing all regular and supplemental payrolls, including overtime pay, with accuracy and within established timeframes.
- Administering and coordinating new enrollments and changes to employee benefit programs including medical, dental, vision care and prescription drug coverage, pension and retirement options, life insurance, automatic payroll deposit, the deferred compensation program, charitable contributions, flexible spending and tax saver accounts.
- Maintaining and safeguarding confidential information relating to employees’ attendance as well as personnel and medical files. Human Resources also advises employees of their rights, entitlements and employment obligations.