|Back to Atlantic / Cape May| |Back to Municipal Main Menu|
Judiciary Staff Assistance Do's & Don't's
We will be happy to help you if we can. However, we are allowed to help you only in certain ways. Since we want to be fair to everyone in a case. This is a list of some things the court staff CAN and CANNOT do for you. Please read it carefully before asking the court staff for help.
- WE CAN explain and answer questions about how the court works.
- WE CAN tell you what the requirements are to have your case considered by the court.
- WE CAN give you some information from your case file.
- WE CAN provide you with samples of court forms that are available.
- WE CAN provide you with guidance on how to fill out forms.
- WE CAN usually answer questions about court deadlines.
- WE CANNOT give you legal advice. Only your lawyer can give you legal advice.
- WE CANNOT tell you whether or not you should bring your case to court.
- WE CANNOT give you an opinion about what will happen if you bring your case to court
- WE CANNOT recommend a lawyer, but we can provide you with the telephone number of
a local lawyer referral service.
- WE CANNOT talk to the judge for you about what will happen in your case.
- WE CANNOT let you talk to the judge outside of court.
- WE CANNOT change an order issued by a judge.
We look forward to helping you in accordance with these guidelines.